[Note: This comment comes from friend Doc Searls. DLH]
From: Doc Searls <email@example.com>
Subject: Re: [Dewayne-Net] Welcome to hell: Apple vs Google vs Facebook and the slow death of the web
Date: September 18, 2015 at 01:44:24 EDT
I’ve been writing about ad and tracking blocking for the last month an a half.
My latest, at the bottom, speaks directly to the market-hostile anti-adblock mentality from which Patel and others in the tracking-based advertising world (which includes publishers like The Verge) come from. I’d respond to it directly if I had time, but I’m in wall-to-wall meetings here in Prague.
1) Separating advertising’s wheat and chaff
2) Apple’s content blocking is chemo for the cancer of adtech
3) Will content blocking push Apple into advertising’s wheat business?
4) Debugging adtech assumptions
5) If marketing listened to markets, they’d hear what ad blocking is telling them.
Welcome to hell: Apple vs Google vs Facebook and the slow death of the web
By Nilay Patel
Sep 17 2015